Re: Inglorious - Ride To Nowhere

Date:2019-01-10 18:33:34
In Reply To:Inglorious - Ride To Nowhere by Nosferatwo
I had hoped to say something about this earlier, but oh well. We're here now.

I didn't buy into them on either of the first two records. I don't know why, but I didn't think they were all that good, even though he's a good singer. That changes this time.

To me, this is easily their best record. It sounds gritty and vintage, but the songs are a lot more memorable for me this time. It doesn't sound anything like Graveyard (ok, the guitar tone sounds like their first album), but it's standing out in the same way. It's cool, bluesy, yet melodically strong.

95% of the bands that have a 'classic rock' sound are boring and worthless. This falls into the other 5%.

That makes it a shame this version of the band broke up. They've finally got it right, and now he has to start again with a whole new bunch of musicians. I don't know if that will throw them off-course or not.
This is a band I can enjoy in smart doses. I love the singer and all, but playing a whole album of that bluesy style from them kinda bores me. I enjoy the heavier songs more. This album is no different than the previous 2 in that sense.

Main Page